Monday, August 11, 2014

Princess of Glass

'Princess of Glass' by Jessica Day George is a retelling of the Cinderella story. It is told from three different character's perspectives: Christian, Eleanora, and Poppy. Poppy is a princess that has recently come out of a curse on her and and her 11 sisters. They were forced to dance every single night until their feet bled and were bruised. Christian is a prince that has entered a sort of 'royal exchange program' to help prevent war by marrying allies. And Eleanora is an orphan that was forced into servitude when her father lost everything and became destitute. Poppy swears that she will never dance again, Christian feels like he is being forced into marriage, and Eleanora is so desperate to change her status that she makes a deal with her godmother that forces these three characters into fighting an evil sorceress so she doesn't end up ruining their lives.

I did like this book, it has an intriguing plot line and lovable characters. It is an interesting take on the Cinderalla story. However, I felt that it started out a little slow and didn't fully captivate me until halfway through the book. The ending seemed a little rushed and didn't give me the closure that I wanted. It even left some unanswered questions in my mind. I would recommend this book as a light, fluffy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment