Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Selection series



I am such a hopeless romantic. So when I can find a really good, not too cheesy book that feeds that part of me, I am a happy girl. Well, I have found just such a series. The series is called 'The Selection' by Kiera Cass. It is about a futuristic society who has a monarchy government. When the prince becomes a certain age 35 girls are drawn at random to move to the palace and go through a modern day Bachelor (like the tv show) type ordeal. So basically the prince dates 35 girls at one time and eliminates them when he feels like it won't work out. The main character is America, who is not sure if she should sign up for the selection or not. On the one hand if she happens to be chosen her family will be provided with food and money while she is away, things they never seem to have enough of. However, if she goes she may lose the love of her life and be stuck courting a stuffy prince who she has no interest in whatsoever.

I keep trying to find the words that describe how amazing this series is... but there are none. I have eagerly anticipated the printing of each book and novella, just like I did with Harry Potter, so I believe that says it all. I have recommended this series to quite a few people, and not one of them has come back and told me that they didn't like it. More often then not, they come back mad that I so rudely messed up their sleep schedules because they couldn't put these books down.






No comments:

Post a Comment