Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fire of the Covenant

If you read the first post of this blog you'll remember that I mentioned this book. Seeing as this book helped me out during one of the lowest points of my life, I think it deserves to be the first book recommendation of this blog. "Fire of the Covenant" by Gerald N. Lund is about the three LDS handcart companies in 1856 that  made their way across the wilderness to their new homes in Utah. This book illustrates not only the struggles, heartache, and trials that these brave pioneers had to face, but it also contains spirituality, the bond of families, and even includes a little romance in the mix. I fell in love with these characters and felt like I was right there along side of them pulling that dratted handcart across the prairie. It will make you laugh and cry, increase your spirituality, and make you VERY grateful for what you have. Don't let the size intimidate you- it's worth it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment