Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Potter Generation


This blog of mine would feel pretty empty without a tribute to Harry Potter somewhere. We are the Harry Potter generation after all. No one else, past or present, can say that they grew up with Harry. The first book came out when I was ten years old, the last, when I was twenty. I was 14 when the first movie came out and 24 when the last movie hit theaters. These books and movies were one of the strongest influences in my world, at the time of my life when I was discovering who I was, while I was learning to leave my childhood behind and become an adult. Just like Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I really did grow up with them, and somehow, they became my friends too. Unlike some book fads that have gone around where everyone was jumping on the bandwagon left and right, Harry Potter is actually GOOD literature. J.K. Rowling is a genius! All of her twists and turns, and being able to connect the last book to the first one is incredible. You know she didn't just sit down and write the first book without thinking about how the rest of the series were going to turn out. I think she knew, or sort of knew, how it was all going to end by the first books publication. She is an amazing author that captivated not only audiences of all ages, but all over the world as well. Harry Potter has been published in over 200 countries and has been translated in over 65 languages! These books really are universally loved and cherished, and if you haven't read them yet, then now is the time to start. I promise you that you will get so much more out of the books than you ever can from the movies. Don't get me wrong, I love the movies, but the books are just so much more.... magical. 

"Whether you come back by the page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." -J.K. Rowling-











WE ARE THE HARRY POTTER GENERATION.


we defended the stone,
we found the chamber,
we freed the prisoner,
we were chosen by the goblet,
we fought alongside the order,
we learned from the prince,
we mastered the hallows.


WE OWE IT ALL TO J.K. ROWLING ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment