Wednesday, October 11, 2023

My Fair Mermaid

 


My Grandma Paulsen loved the movie 'My Fair Lady', and shared that love with me. A singing Audrey Hepburn? What's not to like?! I also have a deep love for all things beach/mermaid/ocean related. So, when I found a book that was the plot line of 'My Fair Lady', but with mermaids, I jumped on that ship instantly. 'My Fair Mermaid', by Sarah Beran, is the story of a young orphaned mermaid named Maribel. After her parents died, Maribel was taken in by her uncle, who had five daughters of his own. Eager to please her cousins, Maribel will do anything that they ask, even if it may be dangerous or uncomfortable. However, Maribel finds herself in an overwhelming, and impossible, situation when her youngest cousin rescues, and then falls in love with, a human prince of the nearby kingdom. Her cousin manipulates her into becoming human alongside of her to win the prince's heart, even though the effects of becoming human are extremely painful. What's worse, is that there are dire consequences if her cousin fails to marry the prince within ten weeks when the seasons change. It's do or die for Maribel, and failing is not an option! This heartwarming story of sacrifice will take you on the journey of a little mermaid, who not only finds her voice, but her destiny as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment