Monday, July 31, 2023

A Sweet Royal Romcom



 I love proper romance books, spicy romance ones are just not my jam. Most of the closed door romance novels I have read have been historical ones, taking place hundreds of years ago. Just recently however, I read my first modern day romcom book and I am here for it. It makes sense that I would love them, seeing as I love every Hallmark movie ever made. These books were exactly like those. You may know who ends up together in the end. parts of it may come off as a little cheesy, and sometimes the endings seem too good to be true, but man, don't you love the journey of watching two people fall in love? 

The series that I started with contains two books, though I hope more are on their way. They are called, 'Royally Rearranged' and 'Royal Gone Rogue', by Emma St. Clair. The theme of the books is different royals, trying to fall in love, in impossible situations. The characters are bursting to the brim with personality. The humor is laugh out loud kind of funny. The romance is sweet with a little spice thrown in, but definitely sticking with it's "closed door" mantra. And my goodness, they left me with wanting more. I have a feeling that this modern day romcom genre will become one of my new favorites. Instead of playing games on my phone before bed, I opened up my Kindle app and read these sweet stories. It was so convenient having them on my phone, my social media usage definitely took a hit, which is always a bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment