Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Traitor's Game

I am a little behind (maybe a lot behind) on updating my book blog. I will try and catch up on what I have been reading as soon as I can. Let's start by talking about 'The Traitor's Game' by Jennifer A. Nielsen. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into with this book, but I have read 'The Ascendance Trilogy', which is by the same author, and I loved that series so thought I would give this a try. Let me tell you what, it did not disappoint! I was completely caught up with the action, characters, and trickery. It kept me up late at night and has me craving more. There are so many details and twists that I am sure I'll have to read it again before the second in the series is released in February 2019. Here is a gist of what the book is about:

Kestra Dallisor has spent three years in exile in the Lava Fields, but that won't stop her from being drawn back into her father's palace politics. He's second-in-command to the cruel king, Lord Endrick, which makes Kestra a valuable bargaining chip. A group of rebels knows this -- and they snatch Kestra from her carriage as she reluctantly travels home.

The kidnappers want her to retrieve the lost Olden Blade, the only object that can destroy the king, but Kestra is not the obedient captive they expected. One of the rebels, Simon, has his hands full as Kestra tries to foil their plot, by any means necessary. As motives shift and secrets emerge, both have to decide what -- and who -- it is they're fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment