Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Wrinkle in Time

'A Wrinkle in Time', by Madeleine L'Engle is the story of how Meg Murry travels through time and space to find her father who has gone missing. She has the help of her younger brother, a boy from school, and three strangers- Mrs. Who, Mrs. Whatsit, and Mrs. Which. Meg goes on some remarkable adventures and meets some unbelievable characters along the way.

I once had a roommate in college tell me that 'A Wrinkle in Time' was her very favorite book. It has been on my "to read list" for many years, and now that it is being turned into a movie, I figured it was time to check this one off. I went into it with high expectations, which may have been the problem, because I was somewhat underwhelmed with the plot. It felt anti-climatic to me. There was so much build up, and then it just kind of ended jaggedly. The author did a wonderful job of giving voice to her characters and detail to her settings, but it's the flow of the story that left me a little disappointed. This just may be one of those rare occasions when the movie actually turns out better then the book- I will have to wait and see on that conjecture however.  It is worth reading, but I definitely would not put this book on a list of favorites by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment