Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Iron King

'The Iron King' by Julie Kagawa is an adventure story about a girl who feels like something has always been slightly off in her life. Meghan's best friend starts acting strangely protective of her and weird things are happening at home. Meghan finds herself on a quest to save her little brother in the faery world, a world that she never knew existed but strangely belongs to. It is a story of action, adventure, fantasy, family, and love.

I did like this book, the characters were well rounded, the plot was well written, and it was definitely a page turner. Having said that however, it was not my favorite style of writing. The story line went from one death defying situation to the next, over and over again, and for me personally it was a little too much action. It kind of reminded me of 'Leven Thumps' in that way. So although I am not going to read the rest of the series, I would still recommend this book to anyone who loves action-packed fantasy and adventure stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment