Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Lemon Tart


 'Lemon Tart' is Josi Kilpack's debut culinary murder mystery novel. Sadie Hoffmiller is a widow, substitute teacher, mother, and your typical nosy neighbor who prides herself on knowing everything about her neighbors. When a young single mother is murdered in Sadie's cul-de-sac, she is determined to help the police find the culprit, even if that means crossing the line a time or two. The victim's son is missing and the clock is ticking to find him before anything worse happens to him. There are plenty of suspects and Sadie soon discovers that she might not know her neighbors as well as she thinks she did. 

I haven't read mystery books in a while, but I found this one very intriguing. I love when books keep me guessing until the very end and this one definitely kept those pages turning. It was also refreshing to read a murder mystery that wasn't gory, disturbing, or too scary. I am pretty sensitive to those kind of books, but love mysteries, so this one was right up my alley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment