Saturday, June 8, 2013

Beautiful Creatures

Lately I have been trying to get through the series 'Beautiful Creatures' by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I finished the first book and most of the second one, but then I kind of lost interest and they became a chore for me to read. Books shouldn't be a chore to read in my opinion because there are too many amazing books out there. So why try and drudge your way through them right? In the beginning the story was captivating and held my interest, but then it started to kind of drag on and on. Each book is more than 500 pages and I feel like there is just a lot of fluff in there that doesn't accomplish anything other than taking up space. Some of the tangents the authors go on definitely do not hold any importance to the plot line, and there were many times when I just wanted to scream, "Will you get to the point already?!" However, I am sure there are plenty of people who love these books, I am just not one of them. I think they are something that you have to kind of judge for yourself though.

Having said that, I still do want to see the movie. It looks really good and there are some pretty awesome actors in it. I have heard good things about it so I will definitely be giving it a chance. Here is the trailer so you can check it out for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment