Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Maze Runner

A couple of weeks ago I finished 'The Maze Runner' series by James Dashner. The reason it has taken me so long to write this recommendation post is because I debated whether or not to recommend it. I actually couldn't figure out if I like the series or not. Although it kept me up nights with its page turning excitement, each time I finished a book the haunting question of "did I like that?" loomed over me. This question thus far has proven unanswerable, something that is quite baffling to me. It is with this struggle that I have decided to recommend it. If a book can cause me to puzzle over it for such a long time, actually make me stop and think about it and its complexities, than it must be worthy of reading. I would be lying if I didn't say that the book was almost scarring to me. Yes, it has it's entertainment factor, but the fear that this might actually happen to our world some day hovers over me leaving a lasting impression. So my friends, I would definitely recommend this book so that you can judge for yourselves.

“Such a display of death - how could it be considered a victory?” 
-James Dashner-

No comments:

Post a Comment